Novel coronavirus, COVID-19
Signs, self-assessment, and self-isolation
If in case you have signs of COVID-19, assume that you’ll have the virus. You should keep house and self-isolate.
Take the Authorities of Ontario COVID-19 self-assessment if you happen to had been uncovered to COVID-19, or have signs of COVID-19 (Authorities of Ontario). You’ll get a suggestion on what to do subsequent.
Dad and mom, kids, and employees ought to reply the questions within the COVID-19 faculty and baby care screening software (Authorities of Ontario) every day earlier than going to high school or baby care. You’ll get a suggestion on what to do subsequent.
If you happen to assume you’ll have COVID-19, had been uncovered to the virus, or are a family contact, go to ontario.ca/uncovered to be taught what to do subsequent.
If in case you have examined optimistic for COVID-19, utilizing both a PCR or a fast antigen take a look at, self-isolate and go to ontario.ca/uncovered for subsequent steps.
COVID-19 vaccine info and reserving
Go to our vaccination clinics for COVID-19 for info on native clinic dates, instances, and places, in addition to vital info on vaccines and eligibility.
Public well being and office security measures
Sector-specific well being and security measures (Authorities of Ontario) has info you’ll need to think about and steps you must take to guard your self and your staff. You may as well study how Ontario intends to raise the remaining public well being and office security measures (Authorities of Ontario) and monitor key indicators going ahead.
COVID-19 knowledge and present standing
Go to our present standing (COVID-19) web page for info on vaccine, testing, and COVID-19 case knowledge together with hospitalization charges, and for info on outbreaks and publicity dangers. You may as well obtain our weekly Detailed COVID-19 epidemiology abstract and Detailed COVID-19 vaccination reviews on Tuesdays.
Reviews and infographics (COVID-19)
Public Well being Sudbury & Districts has ready reviews and infographics which spotlight our function because it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be COVID-safe means to evaluate your actions, assume issues by way of, and take deliberate precautions to stop the unfold of COVID-19. Study how our behaviour may also help cut back the danger of catching and spreading COVID-19
What’s on this web page
How COVID-19 spreads
Coronaviruses are unfold primarily from individual to individual by way of shut contact, for instance, in a family, office, or well being care centre.
Watch this video from the World Well being Group to be taught extra.
Again to high
Signs of COVID-19
Signs can vary from delicate to extreme. Issues from COVID-19 can embody critical circumstances, like pneumonia or kidney failure, and in some instances, dying.
For an entire record of COVID-19 signs, go to ontario.ca/uncovered.
The COVID-19 self-assessment software
Take the COVID-19 self-assessment (Authorities of Ontario) when you’ve got signs of COVID-19 or had been uncovered to COVID-to be taught what to do subsequent and to assist decide if it’s worthwhile to search additional care.
Again to high
Testing for COVID-19
Testing detects the COVID-19 virus in your physique on the time of testing. If in case you have been uncovered and are within the early days of incubating the virus, it won’t be detected. Testing won’t inform you if you happen to had been beforehand contaminated, because the antibody take a look at just isn’t but accessible. It’s strongly advisable to keep up private protecting measures.
Speedy antigen checks
Free fast antigen checks can be found for most of the people for at-home use (Authorities of Ontario) and can be found at collaborating pharmacies and grocery shops (Authorities of Ontario), in addition to by way of choose group companions in susceptible communities.
Speedy antigen take a look at outcomes shall be supplied to you inside quarter-hour following use of the take a look at. Speedy antigen take a look at outcomes don’t must be reported to Public Well being.
Polymerase chain response (PCR) testing
Polymerase chain response (PCR) testing is prioritized based mostly on medical and public well being wants. PCR testing is out there for high-risk people, and people who work in high-risk settings. Study who’s eligible for PCR testing (Authorities of Ontario) and the place to get examined for COVID-19 in Sudbury and districts.
Again to high
COVID-19 evaluation centres
Vital: These centres are for eligible people who qualify for PCR testing.
- Appointments are required. Stroll-ins won’t be seen.
- DO NOT current your self at an emergency division or well being care supplier’s workplace for testing.
- Drive-through or cellular testing choices could also be supplied.
Verify along with your nearest evaluation centre for extra info and observe these directions:
Well being Sciences North (HSN) evaluation centre
Manitoulin Well being Centre (MHC) evaluation centre
Espanola and space communities evaluation centre
- For shoppers in Nairn, McKerrow, Massey, Sagamok, Webwood, Espanola, and Birch Island.
- Shoppers MUST name 705.869.1420, ext. 4500 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., 7 days per week.
- Evaluation centre on-line info.
Chapleau evaluation centre
- Shoppers MUST name 705.864.2568 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to five p.m.).
- Similar day appointments can be found every day. After hours messages or appointment requests shall be booked for the next day (or the subsequent accessible day if a name is acquired on the weekend).
- The evaluation centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Shoppers should come alone to an appointment until directed in any other case.
- Evaluation centre on-line info.
How are you going to discover out your take a look at outcomes?
It is possible for you to to entry your COVID-19 PCR take a look at outcomes by way of a safe on-line portal (Ministry of Well being).
Again to high
COVID-19 vaccination and therapy
The COVID-19 vaccines are secure and efficient. It’s strongly advisable you keep up-to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, together with all advisable booster doses (if eligible), to guard your self, your family members and our communities from COVID-19. Study extra on COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination alternative and take a look at our regularly requested questions.
Antiviral therapies at the moment are accessible in Ontario, by prescription, to individuals with COVID-19 who’re at larger threat (Authorities of Ontario) of creating extreme signs.
Go to ontario.ca to be taught extra about COVID-19 antiviral therapies (Authorities of Ontario), who’s eligible, and learn how to get therapy.
A well being care supplier could decide if an antiviral therapy is best for you even when you don’t belong to one of many teams who’re eligible based mostly in your particular person circumstances. Use the COVID-19 antiviral therapy screener software (Authorities of Ontario) to find out in case you are at larger threat of extreme COVID-19 and should profit from these therapies.
Antiviral therapy just isn’t a substitute for vaccination.
Again to high
COVID-19 case, contact and outbreak administration
How does Public Well being conduct follow-up after a optimistic take a look at outcome?
When Public Well being Sudbury & Districts receives notification of a optimistic PCR take a look at, our employees or a member of the Provincial Workforce (PWF) will follow-up with the person who has the optimistic take a look at outcome for COVID-19. An individual with a optimistic take a look at outcome known as a confirmed “case”.
There could also be a delay between the time you get a optimistic COVID-19 take a look at outcome and if you find yourself contacted by Public Well being Sudbury & Districts or the Provincial Workforce (PWF). We ask in your persistence whereas ready and that you just self-isolate.
Instances shall be requested to determine and notify shut contacts to observe the route supplied at ontario.ca/uncovered.
It’s vital that people with COVID-19 (instances) preserve self-isolation, together with from individuals dwelling in the identical family, to not unfold the an infection to others.
If in case you have signs of COVID-19 or have examined optimistic on a COVID-19 take a look at, inform your shut contacts that they’ve been uncovered. It’s the duty of an individual with COVID-19 to determine and notify shut contacts and supply them with the route on what to do subsequent by visiting ontario.ca/exposed.
A close contact is anyone who has been less than two metres to someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes or for multiple short periods of time without appropriate personal protective equipment (as per Management of Cases and Contacts of COVID-19 in Ontario, PDF).
The purpose of identifying contacts is to provide these individuals with important instruction on how to reduce the spread of infection to others (for example, self-monitoring, work-related direction, self-isolation).
Examples of people who are considered close contacts of a case of COVID-19 are:
- people living in the same household
- people having direct or close physical contact with a case
- people having direct contact with respiratory droplets of a case (for example, shaking hands)
Not all contacts of a person with COVID-19 will develop infections. The risk of infection depends on a number of factors. Call Public Health Sudbury & Districts with any concerns or questions at 705.522.9200.
Declaring an outbreak
Public Health assesses each unique situation in determining if an outbreak should be declared, including, for example, occupation, exposures in the home, symptoms of the case, specific risk factors, and local epidemiology. Learn more about what leads to the declaration of an outbreak in long-term care homes, retirement homes, and other congregate settings in our guidance for health care providers, long-term care homes, and retirement homes (COVID-19).
Back to top
For information on who should self-isolate, the duration, and how to self-isolate, visit ontario.ca/exposed or call the Provincial Testing and Isolation Information Line at 1.888.777.0730 (7 days a week).
For COVID-19 information or questions related to testing or isolation guidelines, you can also contact call Public Health at 705.522.9200, toll-free 1.866.522.9200.
Make a plan
- Create a plan based on your needs and daily routines, including having other options for child, elder, and pet care. Consider the following when creating your plan: know how long you will need to self-isolate if you or someone in your household is ill.
- Build on your emergency preparedness plan (Government of Canada).
- Talk to your neighbours, friends, or family about a buddy system in which you agree to check in on each other and run essential errands if you become sick or need to self-isolate.
- Make plans for your children or other dependents in case you get sick.
- Identify agencies that may be able to offer help, whether for food, mental health support, or other supplies.
- Create an emergency contact list, for example, information of health care provider, friends, family, and community services.
- Ensure you have enough prescriptions and over-the-counter medication.
Do you have questions about COVID-19?
We continue to be here for you. For general or personal health-related questions about COVID-19, use our COVID-19 information request form to submit your information and Public Health staff will call you.
Or, you may call:
- Public Health Sudbury & Districts COVID-19 Information Line at 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200), Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Provincial Testing and Isolation Information Line at 1.888.777.0730, Monday to Sunday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Health Connect Ontario for medical advice at 1.866.797.0000 (TTY 1.866.797.0007). Be sure to mention your symptoms and your travel history, including the countries you visited.
The following are additional credible sources of information.
Back to top
This item was last modified on October 12, 2022